Is Your Pet Eating: Sand, Stone, Metal, Grass, Hairs, Cloths, Plastic and even its Own Faeces (Poop).
Then You Should Know: PICA
Pica is eating of unwanted non-food materials also known as allotriophagia, classified under obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD).
You Should Think About:
- Stress or anxiety
- Worm Infestation
- Deficiency of Zinc, Iron, Cobalt, Phosphorus
- Diseases like Anemia, Liver, Pancreatic, Diabetes and G.I. disease
- Is feeding is in routine?
- Is feed balanced and nutritional?
- Is your pet getting enough exercise?
- Is appropriate amount of attention being given to pet?
- Are appropriate numbers of dog chew or play toys made available to pet?
Your pet might suffer from: Drooling, Choking Abdominal pain Gastrointestinal blockage, Ulcers, Vomiting, Diarrhea.
What to Do Now?
- Consult Veterinarian